Monday, April 22, 2013

The Ultimate Chocolate Shake

I just HAVE to share this recipe from the Green Kitchen Stories cookbook! Dad was craving ice-cream and I wanted a smoothie. We compromised and I made this unbelievably creamy chocolate milkshake.   Although the wind had a bit of bite, it was a warm day for mid-autumn so it was a refreshing way to unwind after an early start at uni. 


Chocolate Milkshake (from the Green Kitchen Stories cookbook*)
Serves 2 

Ingredients

2 frozen bananas 
250ml coconut milk (I didn't have any so I used coconut cream - probably could have diluted it but where's the fun in that? Just enjoy the extra creaminess!)
120ml milk of choice (I used soy)
3 Tbsp cacao powder 
1 Tbsp nut butter (I used sesame seed butter) 
1 Tbsp cacao nibs (optional)

Directions: Blend until frothy, pour into serving glasses and try not to drink the other person's portion. 

* The original recipe puts some muddled blackberries at the bottom of the glass before pouring the chocolate part in, creating a two-layered treat. Unfortunately I didn't have berries of any kind on hand so I went for the straight chocolate. And it was bloody good. 


- Matilda 

No comments:

Post a Comment